This page contains links and material that will support the efforts of students and faculty using ePortfolios. Use this site to get started using the eP@VT site and for learning more about the different technology available to you at Virginia Tech.
Adobe Reader is needed for viewing PDF files. Download Adobe Reader.
For Joining the eP@VT Site:
- Log in to Scholar using your pid and password.
- Click on My Workspace, located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Membership link, located on the left side of the screen (in the Settings box).
- Click on the Joinable sites link.
- In the Search box, type “eP@VT”
- Click on the join link.
- You may need to refresh your page, but you should see the "eP@VT" link at the top of your page. You can also access your eP@VT site by clicking on My Sites in the upper-right corner of the screen.
For Adding the VT Portfolio Template:
- Once in your eP@VT site, click on the Portfolios link on the left side of the screen (in the "Portfolio Tools" box).
- Under the Portfolio heading, click the Add link.
- From the template drop-down menu, select Virginia Tech ePortfolio (Published Template).
- Click on the Create button.
- Once you’re in the main portfolio screen, you can navigate through the editing and sharing tabs to edit and complete your portfolio. Click on the Add/Edit Portfolio Pages to work on the hard coded pages in your portfolio. Click on the Add/Edit Supplementary Content tab to link a matrix to your final presentation. Click the Share with Others tab to contact and invite others to view your completed work.
- Continue following the steps to create your final portfolio project. You can always go back and edit these details of your ePortfolio. Also, you can make as many portfolio templates as you want to reach any given objective (i.e., you can create an eP for learning, a professional eP, and a personal eP).
For Creating Pages in your ePortfolio:
The process of creating an ePortfolio can be described with three steps:
- Put materials you would like to share (essays, films, pictures) into a folder in your My Workspace that has Public access.
- If your portfolio project involves a matrix, create portfolio pages using the Matrices tool. These pages can link to and describe the materials you wish to share from step 1.
- For projects that involve matrices, you can use the Portfolios tool to create your website presentation. This will wrap the pages you select together into a presentation.
- In the eP@VT site, you can build a portfolio website using the Portfolios tool. Click on links, tabs, and Add buttons in the site to create your pages and build your portfolio.
You can easily have more than one presentation, each used for different audiences or to describe different aspects of your educational efforts.
For an Overview of Open Source Portfolio Tools:
For Learning about VT Technology: